Senior Application Developer – Team Lead
Are you a tech-savvy professional, curious about new digital technologies?
Can you perform well in a fast-paced environment with excellent analytical and multitasking skills?
Do you want to help create a user-friendly environment by writing code and moving forward in your career?
If so, we are offering a fantastic opportunity to join a SaaS trailblazer as we scale and grab market share.
Who are we?
In 1997 (when we were established), online recruitment software didn’t really exist. Terms like ‘employer branding’ and ‘candidate engagement’ weren’t the buzzwords they are today. Our founders created recruitment software built on a forward-thinking approach to software development, underpinned by award-winning customer service.
Our technology enables organisations to automate their end-to-end hiring process, from publishing a job and screening candidates, to managing interviews and offer stages. We work with over 90 customers of all shapes and sizes, across the UK, Europe, Asia and North America.
Crucially, our people are at the heart of everything we do - from the way we build relationships with customers to the way we care about one another.
In mid-2021, we entered our next chapter as the business was acquired by leading HR & Payroll provider XCD. It’s definitely an existing time to join the business
We are looking for a qualified Senior Applications developer with Agile Team Lead experience.
As Applications Developer Team Leader, you will develop, maintain and enhance software written in Oracle PL/SQL & Vue JS. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, you will be responsible for quality and performance software changes, in accordance with department policies and procedures.
You will work closely with all members of the wider IT Development and Infrastructure teams to ensure the high quality of all applications produced across the departments through knowledge sharing.
- Managing the flow of work through the ATS engineering team
- Providing regular updates on progress and completing technical tasks to high quality following best practice and in accordance with department procedures and practices
- Identifying non-technical obstacles and reporting these to Development Manager
- Output maintainable and performant code, which is appropriately documented
- Linking Code Changes to Stories, Feature Catalogue
- Producing appropriate tests for all code changes to ensure high quality of all changes
- Providing the technical support required to release applications or technical changes to the desired environments
- Other responsibilities will include the creation of design concepts together with supporting technical documentation.
- BE degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Proven work experience as a Senior Application developer and Agile Team Lead
- Experience in building Single Page Applications
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging tools like Cypress
- In-depth understanding of the entire application development process (design, development and deployment)
- Experience in all aspects of managing the flow of work through an Agile team – working with product managers on backlog grooming/prioritisation, managing sprint commitments and deliverables, story pointing and delivering customer focused sprint reviews
- Experience in people management (the ATS engineering team will report into you)
Nice to Haves, But Not Essential:
- Oracle development including but not limited to: Oracle Database 12C/19C
- SQL and PL/SQL
- PHP or Perl
- Oracle PLSQL
- Npm Node/ Vue CLI
- Some understanding of general source control practices (structures, versioning, branching, tagging, merging, continuous integration). Current examples are SVN, GIT.
- Competitive Market Salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension 5% employer contribution and 5% employee contribution
- Death in service benefit – 2* annual salary
- Perkbox benefit
- Homeworking with the requirement to come to office Basingstoke for meet-ups